Minecraft 1.20.40.01 [Release]Download Download
A recent update has recently been released, identified as version in Minecraft Bedrock 1.20.40.01 for Android. Introduces significant changes to the game, primarily focused on trading with villagers, as well as various improvements and numerous bug fixes. You can get more detailed information in the next post and on the official website of the developer.
Updated trade with villagers:
- You can now purchase seven new cards.
- Each map leads to a village, building or biome.
- The specific maps offered by cartographers vary depending on the biome.
- Most Master level blacksmiths are now actively buying iron blocks at generous prices.
- Chain mail can now only be obtained from arcane blacksmiths in the jungles and swamps.
- A blacksmith from Savannah sells cursed diamond armor at discounted prices.
- It is now possible to exchange one piece of diamond armor for another.
- Certain enchanted books are now more likely to spawn in certain structures:
- Ruined Cities: Breath
- Mines: efficiency (I to V)
- Plunder Outposts: Swift Strike (I to III)
- Desert Temples: Explosion Protection (I to III)
- Jungle Temples: Indestructible (I to III)
- Updated icons representing various structures on Explorer maps, which can be obtained from cartographers.
- A new sprint button has been added for camels, allowing them to sprint when the Joystick Sprint option is disabled.
- The autocomplete text feature will now move the cursor to the end of the line.
- Enchanted armor now has a less intense shine that gradually changes in intensity over time.
- Splash particles now originate from the actor’s waist rather than above their head.
According to the vanilla edition:
- The default value for spawn radius in advanced settings has been changed to 10.
- Falling from a significant height in a boat no longer results in fall damage.
- Fall damage is now absorbed by a creature that lands on the ground while riding, and transferred to passengers if the animal dies.
- Goat horn sounds can now be heard up to 256 blocks away.
- The boss HUD color has been changed.
- Lava and water mechanics now resemble those in the Java Edition.
- Closing the inventory of a boat, raft, or minecart with a chest now causes a vibration.
- Zombie villager healing times are now randomized and range from 3 to 5 minutes, consistent with the Java Edition.
- Zombie villagers now correctly reflect biome overlays.
- Witches are now targeted by players up to 16 blocks away.
- Sheep that grow back wool after being sheared will now shed it when they die.
- Camels can no longer lunge while in lava or water.
- Iron Golems will no longer naturally spawn in spaces 2 blocks high where they would otherwise suffocate.
- Iron Golems and Snow Golems now have particle effects when created.
- Cartographers no longer offer explorer maps as trade items outside of the overworld.
- Guardians and Ancient Guardians now make sounds while on land.
- Roamers now have their own sounds.
- Updated the sound played when placing skeleton skulls on note blocks.
- The picking up sound now plays when using the “/give” command.
- Stray cats now make sounds when asking for food.
- Changes have been made to bottle sounds, including sounds when filling from water source blocks.
- Pouring water or potions from a glass bottle into a cauldron now makes a corresponding sound.
- Drinking from a glass bottle now has its own sound.
- Changes have been made to the water splash sounds so that environmental sounds are only played when the actor dives below eye level, consistent with the Java Edition.
- The splash sound when entering water has been updated to match the Java Edition.
The beta versions included numerous bug fixes, addressing over 45 issues.
Various changes have been made to the API for add-on developers, including updates to templates and documentation, and the addition of new features and properties.